This year’s interim budget was presented by Union Finance Minister Piyush Goyal on February 1. An interim budget is one where the government of the day presents an interim budget if it does not have the time to present a full Budget or because national elections may be near.
HIGHLIGHTS OF BUDGET 2019
1. Within 2 years, Tax assessment will be done electronically
2. IT returns processing in just 24 hours
3. Minimum 14% revenue of GST to states by Central Govt.
4. Customs duty has abolished from 36 Capital Goods
5. Recommendations to GST council for reducing GST rates for home buyers
6. Full Tax rebate up to 5 lakh annual income after all deductions.
7. Standard deduction has increased from 40000 to 50000
8. Exempt on tax on second self-occupied house
9. Ceiling Limit of TDS u/s 194A has increased from 10000 to 40000
10. Ceiling Limit of TDS u/s 194I has increased from 180000 to 240000
11. Capital tax Benefit u/s 54 has increased from investment in one residential house to two residential houses.
12. Benefit u/s 80IB has increased to one more year i.e. 2020
13. Benefit has given to unsold inventory has increased to one year to two years.
14. State share has increased to 42%
15. PCA restriction has abolished from 3 major banks
16. 2 lakhs seats will increase for the reservation of 10%
17. 60000 crores for manrega
18. 1.7 Lakh crore to ensure food for all
19. 22nd AIIMS has to be opened in Haryana
20. Approval has to be given to PM Kisan Yojana
21. Rs. 6000 per annum has to be given to every farmer having up to 2-hectare land. Applicable from Sept 2018. The amount will be transferred in 3 installments
22. National kamdhenu ayog for cows. Rs. 750 crores for National Gokul Mission
23. 2% interest subvention for farmers pursuing animal husbandry and also create a separate department for fisheries.
24. 2% interest subvention for farmers affected by natural calamities and additional 3% interest subvention for timely payment.
25. Tax-free Gratuity limit increase to 20 Lakhs from 10 Lakhs
26. The bonus will be applicable to workers earning 21000 monthly
27. The scheme, called Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan, will provide assured monthly pension of Rs. 3,000 with the contribution of Rs. 100 per month for workers in the unorganized sector after 60 years of age.
28. Our government delivered 6 crores free LPG connections under Ujjawala scheme
29. 2% interest relief for MSME GST registered person
30. 26 weeks of Maternity Leaves to empower the women
31. More than 3 Lakhs crores for defense
32. One lakh digital villages in next 5 years
33. Single window for approval of India filmmakers