You could be capable of getting a loan in your Universal Credit if you wish to protect an expense that is specific this might be called a ‘budgeting advance’.
In the event that you get a cost management advance, you’ll receive paid off Universal Credit repayments unless you’ve paid the quantity you borrow. This can ordinarily be over one year.
You can easily apply for a cost management advance to pay for things such as:
- a one-off item – eg replacing a fridge that is broken
- work-related expenses – eg purchasing uniform or tools
- unanticipated expenses
- repairs to your residence
- travel costs
- maternity costs
- funeral costs
- moving expenses or hire deposit
- crucial products, like garments